2027. Sunset City. A contaminated energy drink has transformed most of the population into a multitude of toxic mutants. For many it's the end of the world, but for you it's a dream come true. Your old boss? Dead. Your boring job? Gone. Transform the open-world into your tactical playground by grinding, vaulting and wall-running across the city while using a devastating, unconventional arsenal. With hyper-agility, unique weapons, and customizable special abilities, "Sunset Overdrive" rewrites the rules of traditional shooters and delivers an explosive, irreverent, stylish, and totally unique adventure exclusively to Xbox One.
- Welcome to the Awesomepocalypse: "Sunset Overdrive" is set in the fictional American metropolis Sunset City. The story begins when a resident mega-corporation, Fizzco, hosts a massive release party for its hot new energy drink: Overcharge Delirium XT. But...the beverage was rushed to market. Profit first! Most of Sunset City is transformed into an array of various mutants, also called the "OD'd". The city is quarantined and morphs into a chaotic, mutant-infested Awesomepocalypse. Soon, you realize a life of playing videogames, watching action movies, and reading comic books has given you the tools to become the hero Sunset City desperately needs.As you progress through the epic campaign, you'll encounter numerous plot twists and surprises, and work to unite a diverse group of survivor factions in your quest to save Sunset City and reveal Fizzco's sadistic cover-up scheme.
- A vibrant and immersive open world: "Sunset Overdrive" possesses a soul and style unlike any other shooter on the market - vibrant, irreverent, thrilling and explosive. Set in a sprawling, colorful city teeming with crazed enemies and powerful, unconventional weapons, "Sunset Overdrive" turns the apocalypse into your own playground of carnage and mutant destruction. Filled to the brim with Insomniac Games' trademark humor and satire, "Sunset Overdrive" is a rebellious game that breaks the rules and flips modern conventions of post-apocalyptic shooters on their head.
- Fast and explosive gameplay: "Sunset Overdrive" immerses you in a pulse-pounding, frenetic action experience unlike any other. With a vast arsenal of devastating weapons and insane parkour moves, you can jump, wall-run, grind, zipline and vault across the entire environment to build up your Style Meter and gain a tactical advantage on your enemies. Each weapon in your arsenal is infused with Insomniac Games' hallmark creativity, and allows virtually endless opportunities to mix and match different ones to explosive effect. Surrounded by mutants on all sides? Lure them away by firing delicious cans of Overcharge Delirium XT from the Captain Ahab, and then sit back and detonate an explosive teddy bear with the TNTeddy grenade launcher.
- Express yourself! "Sunset Overdrive" lets you become whatever hero you can imagine, giving you virtually endless options to customize your appearance and play style. Play as male or female, choose your preferred body type, and rock various hair styles, tattoos, clothing or accessories that best showcase your personality. Additionally, by building up your Style Meter, you'll activate Amps. These special player abilities allow you to customize your style of gameplay. Find powerful Epic Amps like the Twist of Fate, which can set off a nuclear explosion. Or summon weather like Tornados and Lightning with your Amp slots available in each weapon. Players can craft new Amps by using amp recipes and ingredients can be found across the city.
- Eight-player cooperative online action: "Sunset Overdrive" lets you and up to seven other players team up on Xbox Live in an action-packed online mode called "Chaos Squad." Players join together to cause havoc throughout the city, voting on a series of missions with a risk-reward mechanic. Do they boost the Chaos level of the city, increasing both the difficulty and the potential rewards? Or do they take a team power-up, sacrificing some rewards to make things easier? Culminating in a cooperative version of Night Defense, successful players unlock big rewards including in-game cash, Overcharge, crafting recipes, new weapons and vanity items. The seamless transition between the campaign and Chaos Squad lets you keep your newfound winnings across all game modes. Powered by Xbox Live, Chaos Squad lets you switch from campaign to online multiplayer and back virtually instantly.
- Two-way communication and dynamic updates: "Sunset Overdrive" will bring a new level of community interaction. New events and content will be introduced into the game at regular intervals post-launch, and players will have the opportunity to determine items they can earn permanently in subsequent updates. Sunset TV, a weekly show that streams inside of Sunset City, will also bring the voice of the developer into the game on a continuous basis, and player feedback will shape the long-term evolution of Sunset City.